I never thought that I would reach my 100th post. Though I have to admit that there were times I wanted to stop writing. I can’t help myself but write. My blog anniversary’s a month near too and it’s unbelievable that I only made that few posts. I have 4 minimum posts a month and the maximum I think was 9. I know I shouldn’t give you reasons why that happened because I know you already know why. So to compensate let’s get a bit more personal.
My dormitory room has been my company through thick and thin here in med school. There were sleepless nights plus all sorts of happenings that I will not easily forget. (Please don’t think of other things ha! Haha) so I’m ranking my 5 best dormitory events.
5. As the end of the first week of my stay here, I forced my best bud that had his vacation from California to stay here in my dormitory and asked him to wait for me after class then we’ll hit Makati afterwards. I know he read most of my magazines here and what sucks then was I don’t have any laptop and net connection. I bet that was the most boring day of his life or was more of a torture for him. And unexpectedly I ended having ankle sprain that afternoon but that didn’t stopped us from going out. (Good times? I bet you’re reading this! Haha!)
4. Drinking sessions. I stopped counting of how many we had those in here. Especially after exam week. It doesn’t matter how many bottles we will have for that night as long as a drop of alcohol will run to our thirsty and dry mouths. Right after exam week is the result week and that meant more beers for us. hahaha. I even have my solo drinking sessions when I feel senti and emo! Good thing I’m not emo everyday. Last Sunday, my mom saw 2 cans of strong ice in the freezer. She didn’t bother asking! Yey!
3. A surprise visit. I always stay here in the dorm to advance review and read a week before the exam week. I was a freshman then and invited a girl friend since internship days from premed and was my batch mate here to come and review with me. And that time I don’t have an ATM, so my mom and my sister surprisingly visited me that Sunday morning. My friend jumped out from bed and hid herself to the shower curtain. After 5 minutes, I asked my friend to come out. Luckily my mom was cool about it and without explaining a thing; I bet she knows the truth. That nothing really happened.
2. Peep shows and drama kings. You all know that dancing is a stress reliever for me. One time while imitating a step or two in youtube and having a full blast earphones on, I wasn’t able to hear my friend’s knocking so he decided to look out from the fire exit which is overlooking my room. So I had the worst teasing of my life the day after that. I also have 2 more fans from next street who always view my free shows. Hehe. And there was this time that I was so depressed and from school a friend followed me and he knew I needed someone to talk to. And no matter how I hide, he saw my red teary eyes.
1. Do I really have to elaborate on this one? This is pretty obvious. She’s very busy right now and needs to catch up on one of her exams. From our breakfast and dinner moments, to after school talks, playing on our lappies and much more, this room witnessed my happiness and weaknesses.
I confined myself on the four corners of this room and believe it or not, there was never a time that I was bored. That’s how recluse and weird I get. It’s more of a stress for me when going out. Why? Well you have to dress and prep up. I hate waiting for someone or something. I hate people asking so many things that are not necessarily important. Whether you like it or not, you will meet someone who’s annoying, taking all your patience away. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to meet people. I want too but it will take time.
“Look Ma. No stains!”
“This is where the other magic happens! haha”
“Skeletons? Don’t we all have one? Look for Patrick Starr and Pink Carebear"
“These are just props and I hate purple. Look for my college grad pic!”
“A mini kitchen for a mini room”