Friday, November 16, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Unexpected

Another weekend just started. It means another rest day. We can relax; enjoy that television show that we missed or that magazine that was waiting to be opened since last week.

And this happened today...


The Good...
We have this uber terror for a professor in Pathology. She’s like a foundation in here, tough as steel and as old as the FEU in Morayta. Hahaha! No kidding she’s really old and Nasty! She only brings a chalk which she only used once or twice for writing but rolls it in the classroom’s professor’s table making chalk marks on her whole hands and forearms. She really has this spiteful look at her students. She will point with her chalk white finger at you and ask you where is the location of the prostate? or You there, what is a free radical? Explain its pathogenicity! The good thing, she’s absent today! I don’t know why, but we have to get some glass of wine! Haha. Cheers!

The Bad...
Every Friday lunch from 12nn to 1:00pm, we have this so-called shifting exam, more like of a unit test in high school. I don’t really get the concept of this shiftings! More like of Sh*tting Exam! Friday’s is assigned for Pharmacology. I reviewed the whole night, in fact I reviewed since last Saturday for the theoretical and there are computations as well.(anak ng putakte, kaya nga ko nagmed para makaiwas sa Math! Hehe) the review topic was quite long. Five past 12 today and still no proctor and exam, 3 more minutes and he came. But when I had my test paper M*therF*ckingSh*t! There was only 5 questions and all computations! Arrrrghhh!!! I studied well, I even took time for memorizing those formulas! I even tutored someone! Arghhhhhh!!! I didn’t remember a thing! Aaaaarghh!!


The Unexpected…
I had my orientation in Pathology; this is done by having a stained glass slide with a specimen (you know those thinly cut human tissues). I have to explain the cause of the disease, its course or the flow of disease, its gross appearance and microscopic appearance and the clinical manifestation the patient presents when he/she has the disease. I had 3 slides to present and that means 3 diseases. I only had 2 hours sleep the other night and I was really expecting that I will be asked murderously by my professor.(we made this joke na, masasabon ka na naman! Kulang nalang e tabo at tubig! hehehe) The good thing happened, she was there but she was sooooooooo tame the whole time and making those agreeing nod the whole time. There were few questions that were thrown at me but I answered them well. Unexpectedly, I aced the report! =)

I realized that, sometimes we get the things we don’t expect to get. All we can do is be prepared so at least we can say I did my part, I gave my best and I was ready. Also, we do not need to over work ourselves, sometimes we need to push hard but not to the extent we have our faces on the ground. So that when sh*t happens, it will be easier for us to accept and not to take the dive with our misfortunes.

6 comments:

Diablo said...

congrats! ^_^

aleli said...

"So that when sh*t happens, it will be easier for us to accept and not to take the dive with our misfortunes."- so true!!!

Coldman said...

pag may hirap, may ginhawa. Enjoy your life a student. Wow, soon MD ka na. =)

arjay said...

ganun pala yung Pathology. interesting.

Anonymous said...

oo tama!

pag may hirap, may ginhawa

pag may tiyaga, may nilaga

hirap maging estudyante ano?

FerBert said...

mahirap talagang magbasa ng english. lol! pgbutihin mo KUYA para may doctor naman dito sa blogsphere. Puro kase kame tambay..